Thursday, October 20, 2011

so i had this idea & apparently... so did a few other people.... lol

Ever have one of those "aha" moments where you think you've come up with something completely genius.. only to go onto google & discover.. there are other genius's just like you? It happens to me all the time. lol. Ok not all the time. But it has happened a few times.

I was trying to figure out a way to get the little ones to be more focused right where it counts... the lense. The Rubber Ducks have been such a success, I've ordered themed rubber duckys & now every child gets one from me at the end of a session. So I was working on a little design, a prototype if you will... for a critter or animal or toy to be attached to my lense. This way, they'll look right at it and prett much right where we want them to. I actually got out some elastic hairties & I was trying to figure out how to sew fabric over them to make them slip over my lense & sew on felt peices, buttons, googly eyes.. fun stuff. I'm crafty & creating something whimsical, colorful & fun wouldn't be a problem... it was the best way to get it onto an elastic... So I googled the idea just to see if anyone else had something simliar and low and behold.. there they were. and they're on etsy too. I saw several other people have used scrunchy hair ties that match the character you are creating. Genius idea!!! That was my missing link.  So, I borrowed that part. lol. While I can't claim I was the original, because I'm obviously not, I can claim, the idea felt like it was birthed in my own mind, and the critters I am making, are most definetely my own creativeness. I've kind of been building them as I go. After I get a few prototypes created to sell I'll take pictures of them for my etsy store in case anyone else is interested. I'm working on a pink flamingo right now. But here are the few I've created so far. There will be LOTS more :)



No comments:

Post a Comment